Severingasse 7 / Ecke Wilhelm-Exner-Gasse
Professional development training in Vienna
Dance as medicine (tools and methods)
Registration now open!
Switch2Move 3 day course in Austria hosted at Vienna Opera House
1, 2 & 3 November 2019
The course is suitable for teachers, dancers and dance students, health care workers, occupational therapists and activity coordinators. (The workshop is based on creative movement, musical applications and positive psychology)
Course fees: 180 euro plus 6% vat (includes registration and certification)
Contact: email@example.com an application form.
The course is divided into three complete intensive study days.
Tutorial support will also be available.
At the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the basic practical requirements for running a S2M session
- Apply relevant anatomical and physiological information – both general and with specific reference to ageing
- Understand some of the psychological effects of ageing and have positive strategies for dealing with these.
- Demonstrate the ability to structure a comprehensive session.
- Define the physical imperatives – flexibility, dexterity, strength and cardiovascular fitness – and be able to use various safe and effective approaches to achieving them
- Use various paths to creativity in people with special needs dancing
- Use with confidence different choreographic approaches
- Use appropriate music for dance sessions
- Identify the different broad categories older people fall into – active elderly, people with age-related conditions, people with dementia etc. – and be able to demonstrate appropriate strategies for them
- Apply different teaching and learning strategies
Course fees: 180 euro plus 6% vat (includes registration, certification and reading material)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and extra information
The deadline for applications is 15 October 2019.