SWITCH2MOVE 3 DAY COURSE IN VIENNA
DANCE AS MEDICINE (TOOLS AND METHODS)
1, 2, 3 NOVEMBER 2019 AT VOLKSOPER WIEN
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
This in depth course will deliver an understanding of how to lead safe, effective and enjoyable dance and movement work with adults that face physical and mental decline because of a chronic disease (Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Dementia or aging).
The course is suitable for dance teachers, dancers and dance students, health care workers, occupational therapists and activity coordinators. (The workshop is based on creative movement and musical applications).
This course will provide participants with an understanding of how to lead safe, effective and enjoyable dance and movement work with older people with special needs. This course offers a balance between three main areas – theory, dance and movement work by participants and actual practice with older people.
The course is divided into three complete intensive study days. Tutorial support will also be available.
Participants will be required to complete a detailed placement portfolio.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the basic practical requirements for running a dance session
- Apply relevant anatomical and physiological information – both general and with specific reference to ageing
- Understand the central values of the Switch2Move methodology based on positive psychology, personal approach and integration of the creative self.
- Understand some of the psychological effects of ageing and have positive strategies for dealing with these
- Demonstrate the ability to structure dance sessions
- Define the physical imperatives – flexibility, dexterity, strength and cardiovascular fitness – and be able to use various safe and effective approaches to achieving them
- Use various paths to creativity in people with special needs dancing
- Use with confidence different choreographic approaches
- Use appropriate music for dance sessions
- Identify the different broad categories older people fall into – active elderly, people with age-related conditions, people with dementia, etc. – and be able to demonstrate appropriate strategies for them
- Apply different teaching and learning strategies
Course fee is 180 euro which includes registration and certification.
All course materials are provided.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
The deadline for applications is 15 of October 2019
Address of the event:
Probebühne der Volksoper Wien,
Severingasse 7 / Ecke Wilhelm-Exner-Gasse,
1st November 16:00 – 20:00
2nd November 9:30 – 17:00
3rd November 9:30 – 17:00