Dance for elderly with special needs
3 Modules: Parkinson’s, Dementia en Rheumatoid arthritis
Registration now open!
Now booking for its seventh year, these hugely successful courses will begin again in October 05th-06th-07th. 2018 and second chance November 2018 23rd-24th-25thin the Netherlands.
This in depth course will deliver an understanding of how to lead safe, effective and enjoyable dance and movement work with older people with special needs, providing a balance between three main areas:
2.Dance and movement work by participants
3.Assessed practice with older people with special needs.
The course is suitable for teachers, dancers and dance students, health care workers, occupational therapists and activity coordinators. (The workshop is based on creative movement and musical applications)
Course fees: 375 euro plus 06% vat (includes registration and certification)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org an application form.
For international guest travel and accommodation recommendation will be shared.
This course will provide an understanding of how to lead safe, effective and enjoyable dance and movement work with older people with special needs. This course will provide a balance between three main areas – theory, dance and movement work by participants and actual practice with older people.
The course is divided into three complete intensive study days. Tutorial support will also be available.
Participants will be required to complete a detailed placement portfolio.
At the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate the basic practical requirements for running a dance session
- apply relevant anatomical and physiological information – both general and with specific reference to ageing
- understand some of the psychological effects of ageing and have positive strategies for dealing with these
- demonstrate the ability to structure dance sessions
- define the physical imperatives – flexibility, dexterity, strength and cardiovascular fitness – and be able to use various safe and effective approaches to achieving them
- use various paths to creativity in people with special needs dancing
- use with confidence different choreographic approaches
- use appropriate music for dance sessions
- select music for choreographic purposes
- identify the different broad categories older people fall into – active elderly, people with age-related conditions, people with dementia etc. – and be able to demonstrate appropriate strategies for them
- apply different teaching and learning strategies
Course fees are 375 euro which includes registration and certification. All course materials are provided free.
The deadline for applications is 30th September for October 2018.
Course dates 2018 – October 05th-06th-07th2018
The deadline for applications is 15thNovember 2018.
0r November 23rd-24th-25th2018